Monday, July 16, 2012

Celebrate

I'm trying to catch up on challenges from 365 Cards this week, and I was stuck on the one with food as the theme. I have few food stamps or papers, so I was a little stuck. Then, I realized (as I looked at the mess on the craft table) that birthday cake is food ... and birthdays are fun -- so it's a win-win for the challenge.

Here's my card:

Supplies: CTMH stamp - It's Your Day; CTMH inks - Clover meadow, Dutch blue, Grey wool, Sunny yellow; ribbons - unknown sources

While I was putting the card together, I knew I wanted to add ribbon ... and then I decided to do three ribbon scraps, an inspiration from the challenge at Less Is More, which was to use three of anything. With the busy patterned paper background, I didn't add anything else. The sentiment is stamped inside.
Edited to add: It was pointed out to me that the Less Is More challenge required only one layer. I've created a second card to fulfill that requirement. It is posted on Wednesday, July 18. 

A good friend of mine is celebrated her birthday this past weekend, so I think this one is actually going to go out in the mail today. Go figure - make a card & send it ... another win-win situation! 

Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun & cheery card, love the DP and the ribbon you've attached it very creative. Thank you for stopping by my blog & commenting. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great idea & Lovely use of ribbons' scrap!
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although this is pretty Maricar, you missed that our challenge is for a one layer card, so sadly this one is ineligible!
    Thanks
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you taking the time to leave a comment to let me know you were here. Go enjoy the day God made! ~ Maricar